Thursday, December 20, 2012

"I Have A Dream" Speech

                         Has there ever been a time where the tragedy and terror just stops?  That never happens.  Tragedy and terror happens every single day.  There have been so many.  For example, 9/11 or the Elementary School shooting that just happened.  This really needs to change.

I have a dream...  That one day people can live in peace and harmony.  With no more violence, no more wars, and no more tragedies.

I have a dream...  That there will be no more pain.  People won't get hurt mentally, physically, or socially.  Everyone can live without thinking nasty thoughts like, " Am I going to die today?"

I have a dream...  That one day people can work out their differences, not with violence, but with communication.  People will be able to say what they want to say without getting hurt.

I have a dream...  That everyone can walk together, side by side, without hurt and hatred.  People have rights and just because other people don't like that person's rights, they should learn to accept their differences.

I HAVE A DREAM TODAY!!!

This country has been filled with examples of discrimination and hurtfulness.  This is something everyone should work on.  We need to work together to bring some happy back into our world.  No one should have to die for no reason.  No one should get hurt for no reason.  And, no one should get violated for no reason.

I HAVE A DREAM TODAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's a really good speech Kayla! I liked the I HAVE A DREAM!!!! part, because I know you will put a lot of passion into it. I might've used more world examples from other countries too, like Syria or Saudi Arabia. I also probably would've combined the second and fourth paragraphs because they're kind of repetitive, but other than that fantastic job!

    I don't think anyone should be violated for no reason either. Here in the U.S. many people are suspected for things they didn't do, but at least we have the right to a fair trial! That's better than in most countries! Great job Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one should be violated for any reason, not race, or religion, or what someone looks like, which is exactly what you said. I agree that everyone should be able to do whatever they and think whatever they want and that people should not have to think "am I going to die today".

    You did a fantastic job getting right to the point, and I remember that when you did your speech you added lots of emotion which is fantastic. I agree with Deanna that some world examples would have been good to support your idea a little bit more. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kayla. I liked your speech, but I feel like your speech could use a few more lines, I mean, what's there is good, but I think you should add a little not more detail about 911 or the elementary school shooting. I did, however, like how you really drove home the "I have a dream" part of your speech. Good job!

    ReplyDelete