Monday, December 3, 2012

Free Write

What if everyone lived under water?  Where would people live?  What games would children play?  What would school be like?



If everyone lived under water, everything would not be the same.  They would have to breathe with gills instead of lungs.  I don't think people would like it, because they already like the way their lives are being run.  I, on the other hand, would love living underwater because I absolutely love the feeling of being in the water.  My dad says I'm a polar bear because I don't care what the temperature of the water is.  I think people would have to live in sandcastles because how can you build houses in the ocean?  Children could play with seaweed.  Maybe, they could make it into a tug-of-war game.  School, I think would be like the way it is in Spongebob Squarepants.  Just boating schools.  If everyone lived underwater people, places, and things would not be the same.

5 comments:

  1. I had never really thought about living underwater before. I like how you made the connection about you being called a polar bear. I agree I would love living underwater because I love the feeling of being in water also. I like your idea about the tug of war with seaweed and you could also play catch with snails and rocks. I don't know what it would be like if school was like Spongebob's school. To answer your question in the free write, your write you can't really build houses underwater unless you found all waterproof wood or bricks. You would need waterproof cement to build the foundation and I don't think that is possible. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I would love to see you get more descriptive about life under the sea. I think you can really push yourself to let your personality shine through, Kayla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how would the rope stay underwater rope is less dense than water so it would float but i think living underwater would be coolwe could use the underwater skis that you see scuba divers use

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the article, but it seems almost as if you are sort of just saying whatever pops into your head for most sentences, but i like your ideas, I just think that the sentences could use a little work. Also, just bringing science into it, people wouldn't just grow gills, the would acquire them through a random genetic mutation. Sorry, had to say it. I guess I let a little bit of science nerd get into my comment! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the great comments everyone. I will remember to use those comments for my next free write!!! Thanks for commenting

      Delete